We are a team and in every procedure and the same knowhow, this is the key point to reach excellence in our outcomes. We are specialized in primary hip replacement (THR) with our procedure called “the MAASH technique”®.
But, what is different in MAASH technique?
We do not expect any dislocation (no dislocations on the last 352 cases of primary THR, since 2009) and no leg length discrepancy more than 5mm after THR, because we are working within the anterior hip capsule and we leave intact the main ligaments of the hip.
- No restrictions of patient movement. We leave free our patients because we are extremely confident in the stability of our total hip replacement implants. This is a must if we want to assure a fast recovery of the patient.
- Three days of hospital stay
- No matter the medical conditions of the patient, age or neurological conditions. Only those previous trauma cases that were operated before or have a grade III or IV Crowe dysplasia, are contraindicated for the procedure.
- It’s the perfect procedure for those patients who are active sports practicing or even for those elderly patients with a high risk of dislocation.
- This is not a MIS surgery but our wounds not exceed 3 inches in average.
- We operated people from USA, UK, Europe and Asia in our hospital because we want to act in our best environment, but we are open to export our knowhow anywhere.
This technique was published in 2013 and later presented at:
- Delgado, Felipe G., Albert Broch, Francisco Reina, Lluís Ximeno, David Torras, Francesc García, and Antoni Salvador. 2013. “MAASH Technique for Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Capsular Work.” HSS Journal 9 (2): 171–79.
- Broch A. Podium presentation, The MAASH technique a new philosophy?. 12th Congress of th European Hip Society. 6th-9th September 2016, Munich, Germany.
Dr. Albert Broch,
Sant Celoni, Barcelona, 30th March 2019